/r/RABM/

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Bud2aY - "United" (2012)


BUD2AY "United"

Year: 2012
Genre: Rapcore
Country: Poland

Track List:
  1. Czas Rebelii
  2. Shut Up
  3. Do Not Cross
  4. Wake Up
  5. Wariat
DOWNLOAD

A little off topic here - political rapcore from Rawicz, Poland, made by readers of my blog. While their style is based on hip-hop, they draw influence from various genres, including industrial rock. Archive includes all booklet scans with the lyrics (some more lyrics from their earlier releases can be found here).

BTW, recently I was thinking about making another compilation of socially conscious hip-hop from ex-USSR, like this one - as there's a lot of new projects of such kind, but also a massive wave of "nazi rap" (which started to appear not only in ex-USSR, but also in Germany and Greece) which needs to be countered. However, I'm not sure if my readers would interested in this; second, gnwp.ru (a main source of such music) is currently down, so I have to postpone this project.

2 comments :

  1. Hi man,
    though these are my first lines here I've been following your blog since a long while, so a big Thank You! for all your work.
    Sure I would love a new ex-USSR rap compilation as I loved the first.
    Even when I'm mainly into the dark crust, conscious BM thing, I very much appreciate political Rap.
    I paste below a link to a very political MC from my land, Asturies (a small country under Spanish control... similar to Basque Country, only that here most Asturians are pretty happy with Spain exploiting our resources and denying our identity...)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMsgi_rWsrk

    (sorry it's in Spanish... but anyway you can get from the images that it's rather political stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should do this, it might not be my kind of music but I do know a lot of activists who will like it :)

    ReplyDelete