/r/RABM/

Monday, December 31, 2012

Bandärløg - s/t (2012)

BANDARLOG "Bandärløg"

Year: 2012
Genre: Blackened Hardcore
Country: Russia 

Track List:
  1. Gnidah (29121916)
  2. Ulrika (08051976)
  3. Salò (28041945)
  4. Mexican Sunset (20081940)
  5. Head Of The Last Tsar (17071918)
DOWNLOAD

A new "supergroup" formed by the members of some of the most high-ranked Russian hardcore bands (The Occult, Ray, Argument 5.45, and Flawless Victory). There's not much more info about them, but their debut EP is just AWESOME. Of course it's up for you to decide if you like it or not, but for me it's one of the most promising debuts of 2012. Dark, metallic hardcore, strongly reminding me of Argument 5.45 (they share a vocalist with Bandärløg, if I'm not mistaken) with an obvious influence of black metal and conceptual, history-based lyrics... Recommended!

7 comments :

  1. I didn't know the bands, thought, what's the deal about the dates??

    Panda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm not mistaken:
      29.12.1916 - G.Rasputin's death;
      08.05.1976 - U.Meinhof's death;
      28.04.1945 - B.Mussolini's death;
      20.08.1940 - L.Trotsky's death;
      17.07.1918 - Nicholas II's death.

      BTW, if you liked this EP, you may also like "Thousands of Birds" by Argument 5.45 - http://a545.bandcamp.com/album/thousands-of-birds

      Delete
  2. Hello buddy and happy new year. Thanks for the excellent blog, so much great music jumping out of these pages. I just wanted to drop an idea about setting up a RABM internet radio station playing the music you are posting in here, rather than us DL'ing the albums? I, for one, would be tuned in 24/7. I am certain that I would not take you more than one Sunday afternoon to set up the whole shebang. Just sayin'. Happy posting and be well, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback, good to see that my work isn't in vain. I know nothing about setting my own internet radio station, though. Doesn't it require a powerful dedicated server and a lot of bandwidth? Anyway, music blogging is a well-established and convinient way of spreading underground music, so I probably will continue to run this blog "as is", and leave such tasks as setting up podcasts etc. to other enthusiasts.

      Delete
  3. That sounds great, we can also add some sort of political news section about what's going on in different parts of the world, UP!

    Though, I think we need a new forum, the last one got infested by spam BS.

    Panda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have an opportunity of setting up a new forum on a paid hosting platform, but I have no idea how to secure it from spam. Better to find a more experienced webmaster and ask him to help. Besides, are you sure there are that many people interested in a RABM forum?

      Delete
  4. Of course, at least not a great number of people, but I remember there were some people interested. The thing is time has passed, maybe there are more persons who want to share ideas. The blog, I must think, is more visited, therefor we need a place where we can tak more often, that's what I think, plus that way you can spread mor ideas.

    Panda.

    ReplyDelete